EME 2040 Blog Journal #1

     Hello everyone! My name is Mikyla Blakely and I'm a sophomore at FSU majoring in elementary education. I am from Bradenton, Florida and I enjoy spending time with family and friends, going to the beach, as well as watching reality TV.  As a young child, I have always wanted to be a teacher and inspire future generations within the classroom. Teaching is something that has always been important to me and I cannot wait to see how this class further helps me with my major.

    Throughout my years in grade school, I would say that technology has always played a prominent role within the classroom. Whether it was a smart board, desktop, or even a Nintendo DSI, I used it to further my education in school. Growing up, I used laptops and computers consistently throughout school. When using laptops for school assignments, I would primarily use Microsoft Word and PowerPoint for projects as well as Google, YouTube, etc. for research in the classroom setting. 

    As for Personal Learning Networks (PLN), I most frequently use Canvas to stay connected as well as keep up with lectures and any other material needed for my classes. I also rely on YouTube as a PLN to watch videos to get additional help with material for my classes. When it comes to resources offline, I would say I use my planner and white board to stay organized and to manage my time and my notebooks to take physical notes within the classroom. I am very excited and eager to further my knowledge of technology throughout this course.

















Comments

  1. Hi Mikyla,
    I also enjoy many of the activities you listed like going to the beach and relaxing by watching reality TV. PLNs are great tools for mapping out a plan for completing goals, and developing my PLN in this class has been helpful for visualizing my future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment