EME 2040 Blog Journal #8

  Creating a website is something that I have never done before, so the web design project was very exciting for me. Some of the new things I have learned while completing this project include how to embed a google calendar on a website, as well as how to design overall. The design of a website is important because a teacher's website should be easily accessible for students and parents. I really enjoyed this assignment because I love the creative freedom it provided. I can take what I learned from this assignment and apply it in the future by using my new skills when I design the website for my future classroom.

                               website link: https://mblakelyclassroom.weebly.com/

    When using Diigo I have learned that not only am I able to organize and collect sources and articles but am also able to share sources that can be useful to my peers. Diigo is could be useful in many different situations in the future. For example, I would be able to use Diigo in order to collect useful resources that I could share with my students. Within these resources I collect, I would also be able to leave comments such as "this is an important detail" or even just elaborate so students can get a better understanding.

    Professional development is a very important factor when being an educator. As technology evolves, teachers must stay up to date with it because it is our society's main source of information. When looking for websites that help teachers stay up to date with technology, I came across, https://www.freetech4teachers.com/. Free technology for teachers allows for teachers to discover and explore new forms of technology and ways they can incorporate it into their classrooms.


Comments

  1. Hi Mikyla! I loved your website! The graphics you made were so cute and I loved that it was centered around a dance class! It was so creative. I also liked how easy it was to navigate the site, and the tabs/category you included made sense to me! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment