EME2040 Blog Journal #5

     When it comes to the social media app Twitter, I would say I am fairly new to the app because I have only just started using it for personal use over the summer. When I use Twitter in my free time, it is mainly for entertainment purposes such as memes or following up on my favorite celebrities. I also use Twitter as one of my main sources of access to important news topics such as BLM or politics within our government. I would say that Twitter has benefited me by keeping me up to date with important news topics in which I can be informed on what the issue is while also having access to read how it is affecting others and their personal opinions on these said topics. With having a Twitter account for this class I can be connected to many different educational sources and tips that I will be able to apply within my own personal classroom.

    The digital divide has a very big effect on students and education on a day-to-day basis. A digital divide within a classroom could be caused by having students in which there is a good amount of diversity in which students have access to the internet and technology and which students do not. A digital divide can also be seen when different schools have different types of technology and how much access they have to these said technologies. While teaching, you could experience either of these examples and that would affect teaching strategies because these issues will set back students as well as future lessons.

    Academic software is within the classrooms is important in order to aid students within their education. In the future, I would like to implement software such as Mircosoft office and Kahoot in my classroom. Mircosoft office would be helpful within the classroom because it would aid students with resources to create projects by using Powerpoint or with writing papers with Word. Applications such as Quizlet would also be beneficial because not only is it giving students a chance to study and retain the material, but the results from the quizzes would show me what material needs to be reviewed and what material students are familiar with.

    

Comments