EME2040 Blog Journal #6

     When first joining Diigo, I was initially very confused about how the website works. Once I browsed around for a bit, I started to get a better understanding of how it works as well as how our class group page works. I really like how Diigo allows us to all share resources easily and allows comments and feedback for each post. One thing I did not like so much about Diigo is the actual presence of the website. In ways, it is a little confusing and looks out of date.

    With this being my first blog, I would say that I really enjoy it. I like that at the end of the week I can talk about my experiences with the material for the week. I also find joy in applying the material to real-life situations that I hope to see in the future. During this blogging process, I have personally learned that it is important to reflect on the material to show that you are understanding as well as know how to apply the information to real life.

    One interesting Web 2.0 tool that I could see myself using in the future as a teacher is Pinterest. Pinterest is a website where you can share, find, and post pictures of any of your personal interests. Many teachers look on Pinterest for ideas for lesson plans, classroom decorations, and more. With this being an application I already use on a day-to-day basis, I feel as though it would be easy for me to incorporate it into my life as a teacher as well as encourage students to use it.

link to Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/

Comments