EME2040 Blog Journal #7

    Mrs. Brinkman from Leon High School is a Marine Science and Honors Biology teacher. At first glance, Mrs. Brinkman's classroom page is very well put together and organized in a way in which her students would be able to access any needed information easily. On the homepage, she displays the work that is needed to be done by her students depending on what class they are in. On the left, there's a sidebar that shows options to "meet the teacher", "important documents", as well as the class calendar. At the bottom of the page, she puts her email and class phone number if students or teachers need to contact her.
https://www.leonschools.net/Page/41217

    Technology is a very prominent resource within education and can be used in many ways to ease the responsibilities of teaching. When it comes to different productivity tools within teaching a few I would like to incorporate in the future would be Google Drive, Remind, as well as Kahoot. With Google Drive I would be able to create slideshows, type up rubrics as well as share these documents with my students all in one platform. Remind would be beneficial because I would be able to send alerts to students and parents about upcoming assignments and events. Lastly, with Kahoot, I would be able to successfully review class materials with students while also keeping them engaged.
   
     I feel as though PB Works is a very unique platform and I really enjoyed how multiple people could work together on a wiki page for different assignments. Since I want to teacher younger students such as 1st-3rd grade, I feel as though it would be a little hard for them to work together and create a wiki page, With that being said, I could still incorporate PB works into my classroom by using the platform to create pages for my students to access in order to do "research" in a filtered way. For example, if I wanted my students to work on their researching skills I could create a wiki page on different zoo animals and then have them collect their own research from the wiki page I designed.

Comments