EME 2040 Blog Journal #10

    Surveys and collecting data is a concept that can be used within education in many ways. As an elementary school teacher, one way I would be able to utilize surveys within my classroom would be by creating surveys to help teach entry-level statistics to my students. For example, I could create a class assignment in which I have my students fill out the survey. From there, I could conduct an assignment in which the students take the collected data and create their charts that best display the given information.
      
    Throughout this semester, I have read many of my peers' blogs and there were a lot of things that stood out to me. One topic that was discussed that I found interesting was how my classmates planned on using education within their future careers. It was really interesting to see how many ways an education degree could be utilized in the real world. Some future careers I came across include a college academic advisor, an elementary school teacher, an art teacher, a professor, and more.

    I personally did not use tech-flex this semester to earn digital badges, however, I did take the time to look over some of my classmates' blogs and badges to read about their experiences. From this, I learned that many students enjoyed the tech-flex badges as they displayed mastery of technological skills. One tech-flex badge that stuck out to me was the digital detox. I feel as though breaks from the internet are very helpful and beneficial when it comes to relaxing and good mental health.

    One technology skill that I would love to learn next is how to record and edit videos. This skill could be very beneficial as a teacher because you would be able to create and utilize your own personal content and lesson plans in your classroom. Ways in which I would be able to learn this skill is by utilizing my PLNs. PLNs such as YouTube, Pinterest, and even my peers' are all very easy and beneficial ways to learn new information such as how to use new technologies.

Comments